1st Painting Competition -Next Generation SR Facility and Our Future in Sendai-【Announcement of award-winning works】31st March, 2021
1st Painting Competition
-Next Generation SR Facility and Our Future in Sendai-
-Art Exhibition ”the World of What I Wish I Could See”-
The beginning of science and art is observation. In Sendai, construction of the world's most advanced light-producing microscope is underway. Companies and researchers from all over the world will gather at this facility to study the questions of nano-worlds. Would you like to draw a picture of what you would like to see? Special award winner will be able to use this facility to see what he or she wants to see under the guidance of university researchers.
We would like to express our sincere appreciation for the wonderful entries we received. From a total of 105 entries, 62 works were selected through a rigorous screening process. Congratulations to all of them. All of the entries, including those that were not selected, showed innovative ideas and rich expressive power. We also awarded "special award" to the works from outside Miyagi Prefecture to express our appreciation for their strong interest in this contest.
We hope that you will continue to develop your ability to observe and explore the things and phenomena that interest you, and that you wish you could see. And in the future, let's solve the problems around us using giant microscopes and create a better society together.
- Next Generation SR Facility and Our Future in Sendai
- Call for Entries
- Unpublished works, limited to one per person.
Please draw on 27.1×39.1cm or B4(25.7×36.4cm)size drawing paper.
You are free to use any materials.
- How to Apply
After agreeing to the terms and conditions of the application guidelines, please fill out the application form and send it together with your work by a mail method that allows us to confirm its arrival.
Please download and fill out the form, and send it to the following address.
●"Nano-world Challenge" Award (1)
Awarded to works that depict themes that no one has ever visualized.
One-day access to one beamline of the Next Generation Synchrotron Radiation Facility (designated by the organizer) + 5,000 yen book card
●"Light of the Future" Disign Award (1)
Awarded to works that design the our future life.
5,000 yen book card
●Nano-Science Award,Nano-Design Award (5 each)
Nano-Science Award…Awarded to works that depict the nano world in a scientific way, etc.
Nano-Design Award…Awarded to works that depict the nano world in unique patterns, etc.
1,000 yen book card
●Innovation Partner Award (50）
- ●"Nano-world Challenge" Award (1)
- Application address
- Katahira 2-1-1, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8577
nternational Center for Synchrotron Radiation Innovation Smart (SRIS), Tohoku University
Painting Competition Secretariat
- Acceptance period
- 1st December, 2020 - 11th January, 2021 (Extended to 11th Feburary, 2021)
- Announcement of award-winning works
31st March, 2021
on the SRIS website.
- ■There will be an award ceremony for the winners of "Nano-world Challenge Award", "Nano-world Challenge Award", "Nano-Science Award"and "Nano-Design Award".
- ■Awarded works will be exhibited in the Next Generation Synchrotron Radiation Facility.
- ■The "Nano-world Challenge Award" winner will be able to discuss their experimental plans at this facility with university researchers in advance.
- Contact Us
- ■Please pack your work securely so that it will not be damaged. We are not responsible for any damage to your work upon arrival.
- ■All rights, including ownership and copyrights, to the submitted works shall belong to the sponsoring organization. The personal information provided by entrants will be used only for the purposes necessary to administer the contest (contacting winners, sending out certificates and extra prizes, and making announcements on the website).
- ■Entries will not be returned.
- ■Please note that we will not be able to confirm the receipt of your entries or respond to any inquiries regarding the results of the judging.
- 【Organized and co-organized by】
- Tohoku University
- Photon Science Innovation Center (PhoSIC)
- National Institutes for Quantum and Radiological Science and Technology (QST)
- 【Supported by】
- Miyagi Prefecture
- Education in Miyagi Prefecture
- Sendai City
- Sendai City Board of Education